Monday, April 12, 2010

On Taking a New Direction

Dear Friends and Family,

It is with no small amount of regret that I hereby tender my resignation from the position as Minister to Children at Southwest Christian Church. After considerable prayer and soul searching, my husband and I feel this is a step necessary for us to take at this time. The past seven years of ministry experience have been truly life changing for me. We pray that we are leaving the ministry more whole and healthier than when we began serving it full time those many years ago. It is also our goal to make this transition as seamless for the children and families of our church as possible. The transition out of my “official position” will be slow and carefully considered in each step. I also plan to be a part of the transition team that will seek my replacement, working alongside them for the health of the body of Christ at Southwest.

Please continue in prayer for us as we seek to realign our priorities around worshipping God and continual service in His kingdom. We love Southwest Christian Church with all of our hearts and pray to continue our partnership in the gospel of Jesus Christ with you always. I look forward to continuing my ministry at Southwest as a volunteer in Children’s Choir the way I began my ministry twelve years ago. In addition to taking the opportunity to worship together as a family, I am also excited about my plans to pursue my seminary education on a full time basis. Learning more about Jesus, the kingdom he came to establish and what difference he makes in our everyday lives can only strengthen me as a disciple and my family as a witness of His love for the world in which we live.

“And this is [our] prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1: 9-11

In His Service,

Vangie Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment